The day we’ve been waiting for is finally here! Laws are changing September 1, allowing breweries to sell beer directly to you. We’re in the midst of a frenzy of last minute preparation (new POS system to run tabs, expansion of the tasting room into the barrel room, more seating and tables). Here’s what you need to know:
1) The tour/tasting package is now a relic of the past. We‘ll finally operate like any other bar, selling beer by the glass. Yes, that picture is of all the glasses we’ll be using.
2) The tour/to-go beer package is also gone. Come in and just buy up to a case of beer. We’ll try to stay stocked!
3) Hours are expanding and we’ll now be open 7 days a week:
Monday-Friday 6-10 (with the exception of Labor Day, 9/4, when we’ll be open 1-5)
4) Beers are expanding! Being able to sell by the glass means being able to put much more of our special and barrel-aged beers on tap. We just added 12 more taps to accommodate all the beers we want to pour. Expect to see beers like Even the Furies Wept, The 12th Labor, Ye Who Enter Here, Noise and Flesh: Blackberry, and lots more. We’ve been sitting on kegs of our barrel-aged releases and hundreds of untouched barrels for several years just waiting for the laws to change, so expect new stuff all the time.
5) To accommodate the new beers, we’ve added taps in the barrel room. Barrel-aged beers will generally be available in the barrel-room and non barrel-aged beers will be at the main bar.
5) The seating situation will be better on September 1 than it ever has been, but it’s just the beginning. Lots more changes coming in the next few months to make this a more enjoyable and comfortable experience for everyone.
We can’t wait to give you the experience we’ve dreamt of for years!
-The Orpheus Brewing team